ACTIFOAM is used to fill around cables and bus-bars, also any gaps in constructions. In case of fire, the area will be totally filled with the expanding rubber, offering a perfect fire seal for a very long duration.
The ACTIFOAM multi-cable transit sealing system is available as ACTIFOAM filler sheets and ACTIFOAM slit filler sheets. The oxygen index of ACTIFOAM is 40% (>30% is flame retardant).
An advantage of the ACTIFOAM material is that is does not absorb water. Tested at 2.5 bar water pressure.
Good weathering, UV and ozone resistance. Temperature range from -15 °C to +70 °C.
Typical application areas are:
- fire resistant ducting of cables (cavity seals)
- fire resistant ducting of busbar systems (busbar cavity seals)
- fire resistant ducting of cables and/or cable trays through wall and floor penetrations (Firsto Firestop)
- fire resistant sealing of doors and hatches
- fire resistant and thermal protection of installations.
- Designed to provide a simple solution for both new and existing cable penetrations.
- Cellular rubber with closed cell structure to prevent moisture absorption.
- Rubber is activated and expanding when exposed to flames or extensive heat.
- Self-correcting fire stop system.
- Adding or removing cables an easy matter.
- Front of the sealing system can be covered with FIWA or NOFIRNO sealant.
- Proven – simple installation (sheets and slit sheets).
- The system of choice for upgrading existing cable penetrations.